Tuesday 18 June 2013

Makeup Tag with The Artist Of Makeup Zukreat.

 

 

The lovely Artist Of Makeup herself.
Speak to the Artist of Makeup Zukreat about all things makeup and beauty and immediately you will see how passionate she is about it all. The first thing that stands out aside from her amazing makeup artistry talent is her warm smile and sweet, soothing voice. If you remember, a while back, I took some inspiration from Coco at The Beauty Milk's makeup tag on her blog and decided to do one myself. (here). Read on further and you will see how Zukreat brings to life her makeup journey, reveals her love for it and gives us an insight into what she thinks about it all in this short makeup tag.


When did you start wearing makeup?

Me and a friend of mine started experimenting with eyeliner at the age of 14, we used to sneak away to the toilets at school to do it during break time lol. At college I didn't wear much makeup in the beginning, then a friend of mine brought me a mini makeup kit for my birthday, it included a mini lipstick, mini eyeshadow, a lip gloss and mini kohl pencil so that refuelled my love for makeup and at 18, while at uni, I started to experiment with more elaborate makeup style and started to by more and more makeup as I was working and could afford the more expensive brands. I started turning up to university classes with a full face of makeup, most of the students seemed puzzled as to why I would make so much effort in doing my face-up before class, I just enjoyed enhancing and experimenting with different makeup styles :)



The finalised AOM eyeshadow palette.

Recent bridal client.

What was the first makeup that you brought and loved?

The first makeup I brought was a brown eye shadow from The Body Shop, it was my go to eyeshadow at the age of 16. the first makeup that I brought and loved was a Dior 5 Couleurs Palette which had 5 shadow neutral shades in one compact, I absolutely loved the way I could create different makeup looks with just one palette.

What is your most used eyeshadow?

Artist Of Makeup Nutmeg eyeshadow on myself- and Glow eyeshadow on my clients also from my AOM range, It doubles up as a great highlighter too, which is why I love it even more.

The Artist Of Makeup Academy graduates.



When did you begin loving makeup?

I began loving makeup when I started to see the transformation it could have on people when I started working on makeup counters at the age of 16. (Bliss pharmacy in Marble Arch), and seeing how happy my customers became after I gave them a mini makeover, I could literally see the confidence boost it gave them.

How do you feel without makeup?

Makeup helps me feel more confident about myself and I feel I can tackle anything. I also believe beauty is from within and a beautiful smile with the right attitude makes the world a more beautiful place.


Zukreat with good friend Loren Ridinger.

YES! She did Khloes makeup!


Lala, Khloe and Eva at the wedding.
 



What do you like about makeup?

I like how makeup can enhance the natural beauty of a person and I like that you can transform a face without limits allowing me to be creative as possible.

Three Holy grail items?

Artist Of Makeup- Extreme art liner pen.

Artist Of Makeup- 30 eyeshadow palette with all the colours (that's not cheating :-) )

Clinique Dramatically Different moisturiser.

Why do you wear makeup?

It makes me more confident, it helps me enhance my features and I love to experiment with colours depending on my mood and express how I feel through makeup.

Any misconceptions about makeup that bother you?

When people want to look like a photo they have seen in magazines. its important to understand that these pictures are always edited and photo shopped and what may suit someone else may not suit you. I prefer to enhance your natural beauty and make you look the best you can be. Having said that, I always ask people to show me images of the makeup they like so that I can gain inspiration from this and adjust it to suit their face and unique colour palette.



Thank you very much for taking a few minutes out of your busy schedule Zukreat and completing this tag. We love your products and cannot wait to see what IMATS brings! Wish you all the best in your new, much deserved, journey with AOM. Hinnah xxx



Be sure to follow Zukreat on:
 
Youtube
 
Twitter
 
Facebook
 
 Instagram
 
Website


*Privacy Policy: All words and images remain the right of Zukreat  and Artist Of Makeup. Not to be used or copied in any way.



1 comment: