Wednesday 4 December 2013

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation: Review.

Hi all,

Hope you are well and wrapping up for the oh so cold days. Here in the UK, although we haven't quite seen the sight of snow just yet, we are having some rather bitterly cold days.

Now, apologies I have been quite MIA lately, life have been far too busy for me particularly these past few weeks  and thus, things have been a bit slow on the blogging side. However, I have made a promise to myself to do lots more blogging in the new year so watch this space!

There has been such a hype about the not so new Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation and I have been meaning to knuckle down and get this review done.

I was sent this foundation by Glamour Magazine to sample almost two years ago as part of a beauty panel questionnaire and I must admit, I didn't exactly rush to trying it on. There are simply two reasons for this. One, well because I used to be a snob and was quite dubious about trying High Street or  'drugstore' as it is known in the US foundations (It was all Mac Mac Mac back in the days) and two, I have never been blown away by Rimmel Foundations in the past so it wasn't really on top of my list of products I wanted to try.






Lately, I had a huge makeup and cosmetics clear out as you do at some point and happened to stumble across it again and decided to give it a try. And actually, as it happens, I was pleasantly surprised! What appeared to be a thick gloopy looking liquid in a pump it bottle, actually gave an amazing natural looking radiant dewy glow to my skin but appeared to be semi matte at the same time. I have recently become quite fond of the dewy look and in fact have been searching high and low for a foundation to give me just that and here this was right under my nose.

At first, I was put off by the shade (303 True Nude)  thinking it was far too light for my complexion but giving it the good old back of the hand test, applied using my RT stippling brush, it went on like a dream. It blends well, doesn't look ashy or grey under lighting and best of all, didn't dry out or irritate my skin and stayed put all day long. Big thumbs up! It really does 'wake you up' as the name suggests. I honestly cannot fault it.
 
 
 
You cannot really tell in natural light, but this has a slight shimmer to it which I suppose is what gives you that glow but it is rather deceptive and isn't an issue at all. I was super impressed by not the coverage, but the amount needed, only a tiny amount is required for a full face coverage, I would say approximately  1.5 pumps full if that makes any sense but of course, this depends on what kind of coverage you prefer, personally I am not a fan of the 'slapped on' look and remember, as with everything, the coverage can always be built up.
 
Believe it or not, I am quite fond of the gloopy thick consistency as it means it doesn't run off the back of my hands as I have had with some liquid foundations in the past. There doesn't appear to be a strong off putting smell either thankfully, although there is a delicate floral scent and the convenient pump glass bottle which allows you to have control over how much product to use is in fact quite sturdy too so no chances of any product leaking out.
 
 
 This works a treat if you have some dry patches of skin like myself, it is surprisingly quite lightweight and you could almost forgot you had it on. Best of all? Aside from making me look fresh faced every time I put it on, it leaves my skin feeling healthy and moisturised. Oh and lets not forgot to mention the fact that it contains SPF 15. Hooray! If you have normal, dry and combination skin and you are after a natural glow without looking tanned then I think this may be the one for you too.

Overall, this is an amazing amazing foundation and definitely deserves all the hype it receives. Considering it is priced at an affordable £8.99* for 30ml in six variable shades and can be purchased at all Superdrug and Boots, it definitely without a doubt beats some of the other much hyped about highstreet/drugstore foundations and could possibly  even give some of the higher end foundations a run for their money.

I think it is safe to say, I have finally found my everyday go to, all year round  foundation and this is something that has quickly become a staple in my personal kit and will be staying with me for a very long time. I am so glad I rediscovered this and didn't throw it out, I will most certainly be heading to Superdrug or Boots soon as there is currently a 3 for 2 offer on these. Is this ground-breaking enough to replace my Mac Studio Fix? It most certainly is I reckon!

Have you given this a try yet?








 
 


 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment