Sunday 16 July 2017

Elixir By Saarah - A review.



Hi my lovelies,


So, this time instead of making excuses for being MIA on here, I’m going to jump right into this blog post.

I have been really liking the idea of skin oils lately, well oils in general whether it’s for skin or hair as I feel they penetrate much deeper into the skin/hair and work much better for me as opposed to lotions and creams.
I have been following @elixirbysaarah on Instagram for a while now and seen that she has a 24K Gold oil infused in Pomegranate and Frankincense oil which is supposed to be great for anti ageing and skin balancing.
I was delighted when I was sent a bottle in the post to review. It came beautifully packaged in a gold bubble wrapped envelope and arrived promptly just as Saarah had promised it would.

So what’s in the oil I hear you ask? According to their official site, the oil contains Grapeseed oil, Pomegranate oil, Frankincense oil, Sweet Orange oil, Geranium Oil, Lavender oil, Vitamin e oil and 24k Gold.
The bottle itself is a sturdy ceramic like bottle, a white colour with a gold coloured dropper and a white lid which makes a great combination. The first thing that grabbed my attention was just how beautiful the bottle was and it was clear that a lot of thought went into the design process. The oil itself is a gold colour not too dark or light and contains gold flakes, almost like its filled with glitter, it looked so pretty! The consistency is just right too, not too thick or watery. 
You get 30ml of the product in the bottle which is a decent amount considering you only need a one or two drops and a little does go a long way with this oil.

During Ramadan, with the lack of food, water as well as reduced sleep, my skin was looking dull, dry and uneven around certain areas. It felt tight too which at times became uncomfortable and thus really needed a hydration boost.
I reached out for the oil and initially started to use a few drops on my face and neck at night only and didn’t use any other product alongside it as I really wanted to see how it worked alone. The next morning, instantly I could see my skin already looked smoother and brighter! I was that amazed at the instant results that I messaged Saarah to let her know my initial thoughts, something I rarely do when reviewing products.

The oil smells lovely and not too overpowering, something that often puts me off in a product. It smelt quite uplifting and ‘spa like’. It also didn’t irritate my skin which I was initially afraid of and I was able to use it around the delicate eye area without it stinging and watering the eyes.

I then started to use a few drops before applying my makeup each morning and the results were amazing! It worked an as excellent primer and my makeup sat better on my face, particularly when applying my foundation. This product is so versatile that I could even apply a drop to the lips before applying my matte lipstick. It also works great at really making your highlight pop! You can even apply a few drops to your beauty blender and pat away and it works just as well.

This oil has now become a must in my daily skincare and makeup routine and I am already looking to purchase another bottle once this finishes. I have really noticed a big difference to the overall condition and tone of my skin. It looks even and smooth and is no longer dry around some areas. It appears nourished and radiant and I can really see the results first thing in the morning and a lot of it comes down to it all having all the right and necessary ingredients your skin needs. 

This product is currently available through their website which can be found through their Instagram page @elixirbysaarah. It retails at around £25 for 30ml for now which is pretty decent considering its ingredients and what it does for your skin. Also the fact that one bottle will last you a while. There is also a sample sized 5ml bottle available to purchase if you want to try before you buy the full sized one. It is generally suitable for all skin types but as with any product, it is recommended that you do a small patch test first. 

I would like to see a bigger sized product at 50ml since it is so great and can last me ages particularly as I use it every single day without fail. I would like to thank Saarah for giving me the opportunity to try out this product (I am so glad I did) and I wish you all the very best in your ventures.

Love and Lipstick

xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment